Dog Trainer Jobs and Internships
Join a great team to start your dog training career!
At Highland Canine Training, LLC, we have rewarding dog training job opportunities available throughout our organization — from our Independent Contractor Trainer positions and our School for Dog Trainers to positions at our Corporate Office. We search for those individuals who are passionate about training dogs, have excellent presentation and people skills and are driven to grow and excel in their careers with us.
For those who enjoy working with dogs and have great communication skills with people, Highland Canine Training, LLC is the perfect place for you to start or build a dog training career. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a growing organization that offers endless opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment. You will also have the opportunity to team up with and learn with others who share your values and commitment. You will also receive the incomparable experience that comes from helping to enhance the lives of dogs and their owners.
Current Dog Training Jobs Available
We currently have various dog training positions available throughout our organization. If you are interested in any of these available positions please READ ALL of the information listed below about the particular position before contacting us.
We are currently seeking a professional obedience trainer to work with in-kennel clients, teach group classes and conduct private lessons at our Harmony, NC location. Candidates should be willing to work with all types of dogs in teaching on and off leash obedience. Experience in effective behavior analysis and modification is also a must. Candidates should possess strong interpersonal skills and should be able to effective communicate with clients in a variety of training settings.
We are also seeking qualified detection dog handlers to work with explosives, narcotics and other detection dogs. We are looking to fill future contracts with detection dogs and need motivated handlers to create effective detection K9 teams. We do not have immediate openings for detection dog handler positions but are creating a database of interested and qualified individuals to call upon to fulfill upcoming positions.
Due to the rapid expansion of our business, we are currently seeking to fill Certified Professional Dog Trainer positions in previously developed dog training markets as well as other areas throughout the country. If you are interested in running your own business without all of the headaches and having the benefit of utilizing a proven model for success, feel free to contact us to discuss our program.
We offer a variety of Internships/Apprenticeships for those wanting to learn more about the dog training industry. Internships are only available at our facility in Harmony, North Carolina. Internships are only available for those who demonstrate serious interest in pursuing a dog training job with our company. We do not offer general internships. Internships are only offered to those who complete, at a minimum, our 12-week Canine Training and Behavior Modification Professionals Course through our School for Dog Trainers with a minimum score of 90%.
• Functional literacy in English is required.
• Must possess a valid drivers license and be able to travel.
• Must be highly self-motivated.
• Possess excellent time management skills.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 60 lbs..
• Possess strong inter-personal skills.
• Must be able to speak confidently in public
• Strong marketing skills are a plus
• Must have basic accounting skills
• Must be able to pass a thorough background with no drug or felony criminal convictions.
Professional Obedience Trainer Job Description:
• Manages clients within market area.
• Provides various training programs to meet the goals of new and existing clients.
• Schedules training appointments.
• Conducts evaluations and consultations dogs and owners
• Answers client questions via phone and electronic communication.
• Maintains records required by licensing agencies.
• Promotes and advertises training programs within market area,
• Conducts dog training demonstrations at schools, civic clubs, etc.
• Coordinates with shelters/rescues to assist dogs with behavioral problems
• Manages partnerships with veterinarians, groomers and other facilities
• Works with other trainers to develop marketing and business strategies
• Supervises any additional staff that may be required to meet business goals